Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Identify Gum Ball Machine

Gum Ball Machine
Gum Ball Machine  
Hello, I purchased this gum ball machine about 40 years ago. At that time I was told that this gum ball machine came out of Coney Island in N.Y.
I have not been able to find any manufacturer name or model numbers inside or out? The glass looks like an old fish bowl. Buth decals are in very good condition and it operated perfectly.

Thank you for your time

Hi Rick,  Your machine was made by the Vendex Company in approximately 1935.It is a
Vendex Model 520 that a fishbowl-like globe was used. It is therefore called the
520 FISH BOWL. It is considered an "entry level" collectable and has a value in the
$150 to $250 range, depending on condition. I hope you find this information helpful.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

I have 35 years experience in the coin op field, specializing in old gumball and peanut machines. Also trade stimulators, especially turn of the century cigar store machines, both cast iron and wooden machines.

I have owned over 3000 coin operated machines. Much knowledge comes from experience as there is not a lot of documented information on many coin operated machines. Experience is the teacher.

Coin Operated Collector's Association

I host a column in the C.O.C.A. Times, (the magazine for members of the Coin Operated Collector's Association). The column is titled "Tales Of The Hunt" and features stories and comments about member's great (and sometimes not so great) finds.

I have been a dealer at the Chicagoland Slot Machine and Coin Op show since it started. Look for me in Booth F-09. Stop by with your questions or photos. I'll try to help you or buy your machine if you prefer.