Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Louis Rastetter folding chairs

Question
I recently purchased 4 wood folding chairs with the 5 horizontal bar back. number 426 on the bottom and patent number 1926840-209870. Could you tell me what year they were made? Two cushion seats are light tan the other two are green and I think they were re-cushioned. If I strip the wood and re stain and put new cushions on the seat am I taking away from the value of the chairs? Thank you

Answer
Dawn - Patent number 1926840 was issued in 1933. That is the earliest the chairs could have been made. The chairs have very little value because so many were made. They sell at auction in the $100 range for four chairs and the matching table.
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/25957402_american-art-deco  

You won't take away any value by good restoration. Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor