Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mills 25 cent slot machine

Hi Roger,

It's been a while.  Hope you remember me.  I purchased a 25cent Mills HiBoy slot machine and had you refurbish it.  Later on I fell on hard times and you purchased it from me.

Things are a little better these days, and I was wondering if you had any art deco styled slots you'd consider selling.  Would prefer one with the full wood cabinet/console.  Of course I'd prefer a 25 cent machine, but wouldn't be too picky for the right look and price.  Would even consider my old machine if you were willing to part with it.

Let me know what you might be willing to deal.  Hope all is well with you.   You still up in the Shoreline/Lake Forest Park area?  I've moved from Seattle over to Bellevue.  Cut my work commute by 60%.

Ron Calkins
Bellevue, WA

Hi Ron,

I remember your name but I can't tie a slot machine to it right off my mind, Mills never made a HiBoy that I know of, Bally made one but if you had that one I think I would remember it. Maybe highboy is not the correct name for it. Regardless, in the meantime will try to remember just what this machine this was. I would love to talk to you. Can you maybe write me off public here at: or thou my website at
I am glad to hear that things are better for you now. No one wants trouble in their lives but for some reason it finds us all at times. It is really nice to hear you're in the air and flying again my friend. Hope to talk to you soon; I do have a few machines here right now.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.