Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old drum table

Question
Drum table
Drum table  
I found this at a thrift store, table has no markings and it appears to be leather top but the center looks like melted plastic. It only has one drawer.  Would you know who is the maker and the range $ it worth. I was going to refinished it, any recommendations? Much appreciated!

Answer
often fake leather was used.  it was more like an impregnated canvas built up to look like leather.

rather than refinish buy some briwax in an antique mahogany color and wax the entire table and top first, you might like the outcome.

as to maker, in the 20-40s there were thousands of furniture manufacturers operating so without a label no one could tell you which one made this.

as to money it would sell lat 75-125 depending on overall condition.

it is in the sheraton style.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein