Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Saginaw Pull Out Table

Picture of the Plates on the Table
Picture of the Plates  

Picture of Table
Picture of Table  
I inherited a piece of furniture.  A Pull Out Table manufactured by Saginaw Furniture Shops.  This piece also has a Patent #2-679-443 & other patents applied for & pending label on it also.  I have never seen this before.  Looking to see how old this could be and possibly an appraisal value.

David - Saginaw Furniture Shops was formed in the 1920s by a Lithuanian immigrant named Ginsburg from Chicago. It manufactured high grade furniture until after World War II when it became more commercially oriented. Its most famous products are the expanding tables, desks and cabinets in their Extensol and Expand-O-Matic lines.

Your cabinet table is from the 1950s, part of the Expand-O-Matic line. The patent number is from 1954.

The cabinet would sell at auction in the $200 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida