Collectibles-General (Antiques)/strickley bro desk??

I just purchased a desk from a older lady today, i can only find one identifying mark on it, picture of it is included.Just wwondering if this is a real piece, how old it is, and ifthere is any value. Im not looking to sell it, i got it to refurbish for my daughters room. Thank u so much, im looking forward to hearing bavk from you.

this label was used in the late 1920s.  a shop retail price as it site would be 150-225.

restored properly it would have a retail value around 500.

This was their 'revival' style of furniture.  revival meaning it was a copy or had style and design elements of pieces from the 1800s.

cant tell the wood species but probably mahogany veneers and sweet gum.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971