Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Duncan Phyfe Style Dining Table

Drop Leaf Duncan Phyfe style
Drop Leaf Duncan Phyfe  
I have a "Brandt Furniture of Quality" labeled Duncan Phyfe style drop leaf dining table.  It's a single pedestal, claw foot dining table (three leg).  I'm trying to decide how old it is - Brandt shows in business from 1901-1985 - I'm guessing 1940's time frame most likely.  The legs have three carved "lines" down from the top to the foot.

Not sure of value, so ball park would be appreciated.

Your are correct that this would be 1940 vintage.  mahogany veneer over a secondary wood, base likely to be sweet gum wood.

cant tell the condition but i have restored many of these at 650$ each.

as is around 175-200--depending on condition both visually and structurally.

hope this helps

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971