Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Nichols & Stone Windsor Rocker

Question
Rocker
Rocker  

labels
labels  
Hello,
Would you be able to help identify the age, value and type of wood used on my rocker please? I've attached photos for your viewing.

Thank you,
Aimee

Answer
this is their boston rocker line with the painted floral decoration.  it was made for many years, even still although the company was bought out.

they used hardwoods.  I have seen birch, cherry, maple used but mostly birch in these.  as to age, that is difficult to pinpoint due to the same time honored design from colonial America being used.

The labeling indicates this is about 60 years old.

selling price after waxing and in a store about 200-250.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein