Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Nichols & Stone Windsor Rocker

Would you be able to help identify the age, value and type of wood used on my rocker please? I've attached photos for your viewing.

Thank you,

this is their boston rocker line with the painted floral decoration.  it was made for many years, even still although the company was bought out.

they used hardwoods.  I have seen birch, cherry, maple used but mostly birch in these.  as to age, that is difficult to pinpoint due to the same time honored design from colonial America being used.

The labeling indicates this is about 60 years old.

selling price after waxing and in a store about 200-250.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971