Collectibles-General (Antiques)/tigerwood dresser help???

Question
Dresser
Dresser  
I am trying to refinish this dresser in the picture it looks great I just cleaned it, But after a few hours the dark places on the drawers and bottom of the pedestals above the paws turn white, Can you help me on how to keep it this color. And do you have any idea of the date of it?

Answer
Hi JoAnn
Nice to hear from you.
What a lovely piece.
No panic on the white "blushing".
There is a product made for this but I have never used it. Its called "Blush Eraser".
Instead I take the cheap route.
I simply slightly dampen a rag with a bit of tung oil and it takes it right away.
The tung oil I use is not pure tung oil but tung oil finish. So make sure thats the one.
I am going to go out on a limb and say its the hardeners in the tung oil which are petrolium based that help remove the blush. But thats my theory LOL.
Get the smallest can you can find but it keeps forever. The one I use is "Circa 1850" tung oil.
Hope this helps
REgards
Eileen

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk