Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Unknown Gumball Machine

Question
Gumball-02
Gumball-02  

Gumball-03
Gumball-03  
Jack,
My parents have started giving me all of my old childhood toys back, and one is a gumball machine that I had when I was a kid.  It looks similar to the 36" carousel machines you can buy today.  I currently have it on display in my basement, and have been giving lots of compliments and it's a great conversation starter, however I can't say much other than "I've had it since I was a kid". :)
I have been doing some research online, and all I can find are red machines with a black stand. I am trying to find markings on it, however all I can find is the word "continental" on the plastic stopper at the bottom of the spout. It's in fantastic condition for its age with no scratch on the globe, machine or stand. Would you be able to help me on identifying the gumball machine. If you require additional photos I am more than willing to share.
Thanks

Answer
Hi Scott, Your machine is made by Carousel Industries. It was introduced to the
market about 30 years ago. J.C. Penney Co and other mass merchandisers sell
the machine, especially during the Christmas season, along with the stand, gumballs,
etc. Over the years, Carousel Industries have introduced many versions, even one
that vends dog treats. Your machine can be found for sale on e-Bay. There are
often ten or more on e-Bay at any given time. Your machine has more value as a
keepsake than monetary value. It will continue to bring back memories of your
younger days. Regards, Gumgod

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund