Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique platform rocker

Question
platform rocker 2
platform rocker 2  

platform rocker 1
platform rocker 1  
Please help me identify and value this platform rocker. All parts are original and it is in fairly good shape with some wear and tear.  I do not have any history on this piece.

Answer
This platform rocker, probably in birch wood stained to look like mahogany was manufactured around 1900.  Where we will never know as there were about 5000 factories or manufacturers operating in the US and Canada at the time.

The style is typical of the late victorian with a flair of Empire style of the arms and back.

These sell as shown at 250-275 im most shops.

I recommend you buy Briwax in  the antique mahogany color and wax the chair, you will be amazed at the results.  These chairs are very comfortable but sometimes difficult to get out of!

Not sure what else you needed, hope this helps.

thanks  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein