Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Brower Table

Brower Table
Brower Table  

Brower stamp
Brower stamp  
I would like to refinish this Brower table, without ruining it's value. Is this a valuable antique where I should have a professional refinish it  or can I do my own thing in refinishing it? What is it worth?

Thank you

The company operated from 1919 till 1977.

Your table was manufactured late in their history when they were doing a lot of institutional furniture for offices, school dorms and such.

go ahead and clean this yourself.  i recommend using Briwax or minwax paste furniture wax.  you will like the results.  use it on all surfaces.

retail in a store this would probably sell at 75-100 cleaned and tight.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971