Collectibles-General (Antiques)/How to identify and price these chairs

Question
Wood Chair
Wood Chair  

Wood Chair
Wood Chair  
I have a group of 4 chairs all identical to the one in the pictures, and need their space in my garage. I have not been able to find the same design on the net sites I have searched. I would like to know the manufacturer's name and approximate age of these, and a value/per chair that will move them to a new owner. They are a bit too delicate for my bluegrass-musician friends to lean back in during a jam session. Thanks for your input.

Answer
The design is your basic Queen Anne style.  Chairs are oak in the back legs posts and crest ail and looks like oak veneer in the seat.  cant really see the wood in the rest due to the angle and distance of the photo.

Made around 1900-1910.  As to determining the manufacturer, with over 5000 in operation at the time there is no way anyone can answer that for you without a label on the chairs.

Selling in a retail setting these would bring around 65 each in a set of four.  more if 6 or 8 as larger sets generally bring more per chair.

I can see where playing bluegrass music would not work with these.  it is just impossible to even listen to bluegrass while holding still!!  If you dont wiggle then you are not listening.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein