Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Kaplan Table, Chairs, Buffet and Hutch

Question
Complete Dinning Room
Complete Dinning Room  
I have a dining room table, four side chairs, two end chairs with arms, a buffet and a china cabinet/hutch. I am unclear as to the age or value of these items. I bought them as part of a home purchase in Acton, Mass in the late 1990's. Can you help me date and value these items?

Answer
John - Your set is a Colonial reproduction of Chippendale and Federal period furniture. The chairs are Chippendale style ribbon back chairs.  The table is a Federal style extension table. Everything appears to be made of mahogany.

Hard to see many details in that photo but the set appears to be from the 1960s or 70s. I can't value the set from the single group photo. If you can send me some clear digital photos of the individual; pieces of the set as well as any labels I will be happy to tell you what I can. You can send clear photos to me as .jpg files at info@furnituredetective.com. Please send the photos directly to me as .jpg files. DO NOT put them in an online photo album. Be sure to include a copy of your original inquiry so I can match them up or I will not be able to respond.

Here is some info on the company.
http://findingaid.winterthur.org/html/HTML_Finding_Aids/COL0805.htm

Thanks

Fred Taylor
“HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE”
www.furnituredetective.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor