Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Macey Co. Barrister Bookcase

Question
Macey Furniture Co. Barrister Bookcase
Macey Furniture Co. Ba  

Macey Furniture Co. Logo
Macey Furniture Co. Lo  
I have a Macey Furniture Co. barrister bookcase that has been in my family since the early 60's. It is in bad need of restoration as one of my relatives put it out in his garage for about 5 years. The back in ruined, delaminated and broken. I just got it back a few days ago.

Two questions: What stain could have been used on this beautiful 1/4 sawn oak? It is dark like walnut. How do I re-create the gold Macey logo?

Answer
the first thing to do is use dark brown Briwax and wax all the wood.  then send pictures, in focus, so i can see what we have at that point.

stains were different then but if i were to match that stain I would use mohawk penetrating oil stain brown mahogany.  cut 50/50 with mineral spirits.  it would be the perfect match!!

you could take a picture and make a decal on the computer to put on the replacement backs.  You couldnt save the front wood of the old backs with the label???

Or, the easy thing is to go here.

http://www.decalsunlimited.com/search?q=macey  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein