Collectibles-General (Antiques)/phoenix chair company table

Question
phoenix chair company table
phoenix chair company  

label
label  
I found this table and was wondering if you know anything about it? I have tried to search around and have had no luck. The sticker on the underneath of the table I believe says # 742-DLT.

Answer
Mirrisa - The 742-DLT ( Drop Leaf Table) was offered by Phoenix Chair Co in 1929. It is illustrated on page 225 of "American Manufactured Furniture" by Fredgant. The book is a  compilation of manufacturer’s promotional material to retailers for the model year 1929. It can be found on Amazon.com  at http://www.amazon.com/American-Manufactured-Furniture-Don-Fredgant/dp/0764300598

The table was originally offered made of birch and either painted with a large circle medallion on each leaf or in a mahogany finish. Your table appears to have the original mahogany finish Chairs with the same paint scheme, No 742-14, were also offered. If you would like to see a scan of the page with your table let me know at info@furnituredetective.com .

In good condition the table would sell at auction in the $100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor