Collectibles-General (Antiques)/s bent bros inc

Question
bent bros stool
bent bros stool  

stool
stool  
good morning, I bought these stools at a thirft store recently, almost overlooked them because of paint color but felt they were worth bringing back to life. I tried to find information of style, history value but couldnt find direct match & was hoping you would be able to give me some insight & direction before I touch them going forward
thank you kara

Answer
the company made early American or colonial styled furniture.  Your stools appear to be maple.  They are stained an i would add that if you like the way they look then wax them with a honey colored paste wax like Briwax or minwax neutral color.

the style of turning on the legs is called bamboo turning.  it replicates what we would have seen on chairs in the early 1800s.

age of your stools would be between 1950-1970.  cant get any closer since they repeated the styles.

hope this helps and covers what you wanted to know.

some company info:
S. Bent & Brothers, Inc.

Gardner’s fourth oldest manufacturing company and an offshoot of Heywood-Wakefield Company.
Founded: 1867 by Samuel, Charles O. and Roderic L. Bent
Location: Mill Street in South Gardner
Products: First made five-spindle factory chairs for Heywood-Wakefield, and later made Colonial chairs and rockers. About 1870 they began making children’s chairs, rockers and stools. From the 1920s-1950s they made breakfast sets and institutional furniture. One specialty, by the 1960s, was the college and university chair. Bent Brothers, along with Nichols and Stone, were national leaders in this area.
Company closed: 2001

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein