Collectibles-General (Antiques)/scholle's chicago dinning set

Question
hutch
hutch  

table
table  
I have a dinning table and a serving hutch that has a plaque which reads Scholle's Chicago on the back of the hutch. I would like to find out if this is an antique piece of furniture.  

Thank you

Answer
This was made in the 1920s and sold at scholles store.  I would be considered as antique and/or collectible.

it was a nice set.  a shame that someone cut the legs off the sideboard.  they would have been the same as the table and chair legs.  The woods will be walnut veneers and sweet gum for the frames and cases.

the table and 4 chairs would have a retail value of $1000. the sideboard had it not been cut would have had a retail of 650.

hope this helps.  i have seen many of these cut down.  probably because the leg stretchers became loose or broken much like stretchers under chairs get when dragged.  

thanks
hope this helps  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein