Collectibles-General (Antiques)/scholle's chicago dinning set

I have a dinning table and a serving hutch that has a plaque which reads Scholle's Chicago on the back of the hutch. I would like to find out if this is an antique piece of furniture.  

Thank you

This was made in the 1920s and sold at scholles store.  I would be considered as antique and/or collectible.

it was a nice set.  a shame that someone cut the legs off the sideboard.  they would have been the same as the table and chair legs.  The woods will be walnut veneers and sweet gum for the frames and cases.

the table and 4 chairs would have a retail value of $1000. the sideboard had it not been cut would have had a retail of 650.

hope this helps.  i have seen many of these cut down.  probably because the leg stretchers became loose or broken much like stretchers under chairs get when dragged.  

hope this helps  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971