Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique armchair?

upholstery inside seat
upholstery inside seat  
QUESTION: I found this beauty at rummage sale in Tennessee. I'm trying to figure out the time period and style. The original (I think)upholstery was found inside the chair. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

ANSWER: looks to be from the 1910-20s.  great arm chair.  style is colonial revival which was prevalent in the 10-20s.

what did you need to know beyond that??

QUESTION: Thank you for the information. Is there any value to this chair if cleaned up and time period upholstery placed?

If done properly, both wood and upholstery it would sell at 250-325 tops on the market.  but, if you do it for resale i would not put the final fabric on it as the new owner would probably like to do their own style an color.  in that case it would sell, if wood done properly at 150 tops.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971