Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bally e1000

Question
RodgerI need lots of help, purchased my machine in 1993, no real problems until i moved it to my daughters house for their game room stopped working.  It is e 1088-509 25 cent machine.  on the front or the door where "amount paid" there was a code (did not know this) first is showed E 3 now shown 500000, at first the light on the wheel reader lit up, not the wheel just turns, light on the door shows tilt, with the light above are blinking that is 2 & 3. wheel keeps rolling.  Push the reset button, coin not accepted.  it is a mess.  need help.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Frederick,

That 500000 code could be 50.000 which would be a door opened code, when you open the door on a Bally E series machine this 50 code comes up and stay's there until the next play and replaces any error code that might have been there. So in the future try to write down your error code before you open the door. If your machine has been off for a long time and you just turned it on to all these problems, this can happen. Bally E series like to be warm so you might just try turning it on and letting it sit for an hour or so and then try to hit your reset button down on the coin hopper. Do you know where the reset is, there is a red test button and a reset button on the circuit board in front of the coin hopper, you what the reset button. What you want to see the machine do, is you want it to light up the (insert coin light) Once you see that lit, that tells you the machine is out of tilt state and is ready to be coined-up. So turn it on for a while to charge up the MPU battery some and so the machine gets warm, then try to push your reset button and see if the insert coin light comes on. Until you get that to light up, your machine will do doing for you. You could also look for help on our forum as there are a few people that can work with you on this problum, it is free and at:
http://www.coinslots.com/forum/index.php

Thank You

Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson