Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Cushman creations footstool 9038

They say there are no stupid questions but try this one. I know nothing abt antiques (obviously) but have a cushman footstool, apparently not terribly rare. It still has what I will call the cardboard "advertisement" stapled to the bottem from the manufacturer. I don't plan to sell but was wondering if this altered the value. Thank you so much for your time. What a wonderful service!

Merry - Here is the history of Cushman.

Since most Cushman items are not really collectibles and certainly not antique the value is catch as catch can but originality never hurts. By all means leave the label there.

Here is a Cushman #9038 that sold at auction for $15.  

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida