Collectibles-General (Antiques)/desk

Question
desk
desk  

number
number  
Good evening, I was just wondering how old is this desk, what does these numbers mean and the value? I was going to paint it but I want to make
Sure I am not destorying a valuable peice of furniture.
Thank you!

Answer
made in march of 1965, other numbers are inventory or style number.

paint will not hurt value as there is no antique value, value is as a 60s solid wood desk.  presently on the second hand market it would price at 200.  

do a good job painting.  I recommend using kilz first from a spray can, rub with 320 no fil paper, recoat, rerub, then use your color coat.

thanks
hope this helps

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein