Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Drop Leaf Desk

Question
Leather top desk
Leather top desk  

leather desk 2
leather desk 2  
Have a leather inlaid circular desk with a drop leaf at each end. Legs pull out to hold up the leaves. Is there another name for this, is it considered a desk or a table? Approximately what year is this from and the approximate value? Also - any suggestions on cleaning/restoring the leather top?
Thanks

Answer
it is from the 1920-40 era and is not a desk, was used as a serving table where a server could stand behind and have easy access with the drop sides.  the name i cannot recall right now but when i remember i will revise the post so you will know.

use only wax on the wood and leather.  Briwax is a good brand as is johnsons floor paste wax.

table is mahogany and made in the sheraton style.

retail in a store about 350+

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein