Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Drop Leaf Desk

Leather top desk
Leather top desk  

leather desk 2
leather desk 2  
Have a leather inlaid circular desk with a drop leaf at each end. Legs pull out to hold up the leaves. Is there another name for this, is it considered a desk or a table? Approximately what year is this from and the approximate value? Also - any suggestions on cleaning/restoring the leather top?

it is from the 1920-40 era and is not a desk, was used as a serving table where a server could stand behind and have easy access with the drop sides.  the name i cannot recall right now but when i remember i will revise the post so you will know.

use only wax on the wood and leather.  Briwax is a good brand as is johnsons floor paste wax.

table is mahogany and made in the sheraton style.

retail in a store about 350+

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971