Collectibles-General (Antiques)/grandma's vanity table with mirror

Vanity table
Vanity table  

vanity drawers
vanity drawers  
I recently inherit my grandma's vanity table with mirror. Could able to me from the photo from what style and from where? The interior looks old. I want to understand this before i decided to restor the color of it. Thank you

waterfall style from the 1930s in mahogany veneer.  Made in the USA but without a lable there is no way to determine where of the 5000+ manufacturers in operation.

use a brown wax, Briwax is a good choice. it will clean and add a bit of color to marks and scratches.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971