Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hannahs Furniture desk and stool

Desk set
Desk set  

Bottom of Desk
Bottom of Desk  
I have inherited a desk that has been in my family for a very long  time and would like to know more about the time and wood that it is made from.  I am looking to insure it if its of value .  I find myself very intrigued by it for my grand mother use to dote on it saying it had been a wedding gift to her mother. I am looking for any and all you can tell me about this set desk.

I appreciate your expertise and any feed back on this item.

to tell the wood use the followup function and post a clear picture of the wood grain so i can see the grain patterns.  thanks.

asking for 'any and all' information is difficult to answer.  There is a lot of info one the company online and info on the colonial revival style of this desk.  Way too much to go into here.

from the 1920s and probably sweet gum and/or tulip poplar woods.
nice writing desk which would retail at 450 once cleaned and waxed.
insurance replacement value 2.5x.

briwax in a light walnut color would be the thing to use.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971