Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Identify pattern from US Artist

Kay Mallek Bowl
Kay Mallek Bowl  

Kay Mallek Bowl
Kay Mallek Bowl  
Thank you, hoping you can assist me in identify a bowl made by ceramic artist Kay Mallek. She was born in 1913 and lives in Tucson Arizona.  I looks to me that the bowl might be mid century.  Are there any resources to find out the value?  The bottom is round marked Kay Mallek Original, pick of bird, Tucson Arizona in an oval circle

Thanks for the question.  The bowl has a mid-century look but I'm guessing it might be a little later than that, possibly mid-70's or early 80's though I can't be 100% certain.  Did some quick searching on-line and most of her items such as this are selling in the $15-20 range depending on condition of course.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and thanks again.

Dennis Wolbach

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.