Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Info on piece

Question
Piece
Piece  
This furniture piece had a Orange colored "sticker" on back and says Maddox, any idea the age of this piece or value. I plan on purchasing it fron a family member, plan on keeping in the family. Approx 80 inches tall.

Answer
Stephen - Maddox of Jamestown, NY was a maker of Colonial Revival reproductions of Federal period furniture of the early 1800s. Your cabinet is a bookcase secretary made of mahogany veneer and secondary woods, primarily gum, that have been stained to look like mahogany.

From one photo it is hard to identify the age but it looks like a 1950s piece. Secretaries like this sell at auction in the $150-$250 range.
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/38182715_reproduction-secretary-jamestown  
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/13104515_great-maddox-governor-winthrop-dropfront-secretary  

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor