Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What kind of Dresser

Question
dresser
dresser  
Wondering what you call this kind of dresser? Somewhat like a vanity, almost a desk, but obviously there is no space to put your legs. A bit different than dropwell dressers we have seen in the past. It appears that maybe a mirror was attached at one time - the trim at the back of the raised sections appear to be out of different wood and added later?
Wondering the approximate age and value?
Thanks so much!

Answer
the surfaces i can see are figured birch, originally it would have been stained a darker mahogany color.

The mirror gone, you can probably see on the rear where there were mirror supports and i am sure it was a triple mirror.  if the trim on the top of the upper drawer boxes is original then the mirrors were fixed.  if they are added pieces to trim out the top then i would guess the outer mirrors would swing.

cant really get enough info from the one picture.  I can tell you it was not a cheap piece when made looking at the style, trim, form and wood used.

all the drop center dressers i have seen in the past were earlier, some with marble some not.

This one would be around 1900 and the center mirror would have been taller than the side mirrors.  

hope this helps.
thanks

the condition, color and finishing, if smooth, is good.  I would say this would sell in a shop at 400$

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein