Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mersman Tables

Mersman Table
Mersman Table  

Mersman table underneath.
Mersman table undernea  
i have looked everywhere i could find with Google Images.  i have not seen another table like this one i got when my Grandmother passed away. it's always been in the corner covered with a table cloth. The table has not been restored(that i know of) i just rubbed it down with lemon oil to show detail. can you tell me more about the style, era and possible price for something like this?? i need to determine a selling price for the living trust. any help you can give would be amazing.

Table is from the 1910-20s. Probably sweet gum and/or tulip poplar wood. but i cannot see the top to tell if that is the same as the apron and legs.

These were originally sold as lamp or/and end tables.

retail this would sell at 75$ in a shop.

The turned base is called bobbin turnings.

hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971