Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Music Etagere

music etagere
music etagere  
Had asked your opinion of this "Music" Etagere. You asked for a photo of the drawer joint - please see attached.

Thanks again!

Although the style and drawer joint are built as if it were from the late 1800s i believe this to be imported from indonesia or malaysia.

regardless of age, it is very nice and unusual, has the right look but it appears that it should have had feet, maybe a small turned foot about 3 inches high.  are there any areas on the underside where it appears to have had feet??
do you have the broken pieces off the fretwork on the third shelf?

I dont know what you paid but around here in an antique mall here it would price around 350-400.

would you mind send pictures of the underneath and rear, to my email??  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971