Collectibles-General (Antiques)/nichols & stone rocker

Nichols  & Stone rockrr
Nichols & Stone rockr  

Nichols  & Stone Rocker
Nichols & Stone Rocke  
I would like to know the value of my rocker

Nancy - Your N&S rocker is a Salem style Windsor rocker decorated in Hitchcock style stencils and paint. A Windsor chair is a chair in which no vertical element runs continuously from top to bottom. All vertical elements terminate in the seat.

The rocker is made of birch with black factory paint. Here is a virtually identical N&S black Windsor that sold at auction for $45 in 2011.

It would sell today in the same range.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida