Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Oak Dresser

Question
Oak dresser a
Oak dresser a  

Oak dresser b
Oak dresser b  
Hi. Wondering if you could tell us what this is called. Have seen Bonnet dresser or Cheval dressers on line that look similar. Appears to be made of oak. Also the age and approximate value if you would be so kind.

Answer
bonnet dresser, cheval dresser, even called L dressers but the first two are accurate.

I would guess tat it is oak as it is too fancy to have been made of a secondary wood species.

Made around 1890-1900.

as to value, if stripped and refinished properly and completely it would sell at 900.  As is probably 300.

It is a well made and styled bonnet dresser.  not junk like many are.

hope this is what you needed, thanks.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein