Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Oak Dresser

Oak dresser a
Oak dresser a  

Oak dresser b
Oak dresser b  
Hi. Wondering if you could tell us what this is called. Have seen Bonnet dresser or Cheval dressers on line that look similar. Appears to be made of oak. Also the age and approximate value if you would be so kind.

bonnet dresser, cheval dresser, even called L dressers but the first two are accurate.

I would guess tat it is oak as it is too fancy to have been made of a secondary wood species.

Made around 1890-1900.

as to value, if stripped and refinished properly and completely it would sell at 900.  As is probably 300.

It is a well made and styled bonnet dresser.  not junk like many are.

hope this is what you needed, thanks.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971