Collectibles-General (Antiques)/s bent bar stools

bar stools
bar stools  

hi there, 1st thank you for answering a previous question on a rocking chair, maybe you could give me a direction on these 3 awesome stools I found, S bent bros stools, have stripped paint off & sanded to this point, trying to sell unfinished so buyer can choose color pallet, what info can you please give me & there worth?
thank you kara

I would hand sand them more since you have already started.  Try to get the color even.  I would then recommend you put a clear finish on them, no staining.  use shellac if you can.  brush on a couple of coats then lightly rub with 320 grit no fil paper. wax after.  let shellac dry a few days before rubbing.

buy seal coat shellac.  it is a dewaxed 2 pound cut of shellac.  use a one inch gold taklon brush.  clean up with denatured alcohol.

if you do that then ask 125 each.  as is 45-50 tops

hope this is what you needed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971