Collectibles-General (Antiques)/s bent bros rocking chair

front view
front view  

side view
side view  
hi there, my friend was lucky to find this rocking chair & I am having trouble  getting information & value on this piece. not sure if the top half matches the bottom, I need your help please!!

windsor style rocker with bent arms.  it all looks like it should although there are some condition issues.  Looks like it needs some gluing also.

In top condition this would sell retail at 300-325.

proper refinishing would not hurt this rocker but it has to be done correctly including not just refinishing the surfaces but any gluing that is needed as well.

when you turn the rocker upside down and look at the bottom of the seat can you see the arms and back posts coming through the bottom??  if so is there a wedge of wood in the round post looking at the bottom?  if this is confusing use the follow up function and take two pictures of the underneath of the seat,

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971