Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Tablle Knoxville Table and Chair Co

Question
8 leg Table
8 leg Table  

8 leg table
8 leg table  
I have a 8 leg table from the Knoxville Table & Chair Co handed down from an Aunt. Can you tell me anything about the time period and value. Her daughter passed it on to me and she does not know anything about it. Also should I repair the damages to the top or leave it as is? Thank you

Answer
Table is from 1910-20s and was sold as an end table at the time.  The wood is either a walnut or mahogany veneer on top, cant see the grain in the jpicture to be sure.  the legs are probably sweet gum.  Nice table.

As to the top.  the usage damages/imperfections are not an easy fix.  you will either have a dark or light spotting.

I strongly urge you to use buy and use some furniture paste wax on the entire table.  
Briwax is a good brand and comes in color, use the brown and wax the top and all else.  you will like the results.

Table would sell at 250 in a good shop.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein