Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Vintage/Antique Round Side Table W-Drawer & Metal Feet

Table Photo
Table Photo  

Table Label
Table Label  
I have acquired a very interesting table, but can't seem to find any information on it.  The label inside the drawer reads "Wabash", with the location of Wabash, Indiana underneath.  The table is 20" round by 24-3/4" tall.  It has a single drawer with a metal Lion & Ring pull.  The pedestal has four legs with metal feet.  It is very dark wood, and in very good condition for it's age.  I would appreciate any information you can give me on this piece.

Audrene - The maker probably was Wabash Cabinet Co. although there are a number of furniture makers in Wabash at mid century. The table is a Colonial Revival reproduction of a Federal period drum table of the early 1800s. At 24 3/4 in tall it was meant to be an end table or lamp table.

The wood is mahogany veneer on the skirt and secondary woods, mostly gum stained to look like mahogany, for the pedestal and legs.  

The table was made in the late 1940s so it is not an antique. It would sell at auction in the $50 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida