Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique rocking chair

Question
Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
My husband spotted this at an antique store and wanted some info on it to see if it is worth buying

I dont know any background on it.
It looks the bottom may have been covered later in its life (professionally)
My husband is an upholsterer

It has 2 metal rods behind front and back sbottom spindles / old attempt on strengthening?

The chair seems original and everything done to it seems dated

I would like to know style and age

Answer
there is some veneer repair to do the the back.   The seat was not covered originally but was a laminated oak veneered seat.  Upholstery would be better.

there is not nich to say a style for this as is true for many things.  it is from the golden oak period 1885-1915.  chair was probably 1900 manufacturer.

what is the price on this??

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein