Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique trunk

I have a suitcase from stewart trunk and bag co.
I was just wondering if you may be able to tell me a little more about it.
Thank you for your time.
My phone wont let me upload any images for whatever reason if there is any other way I can send you some please let me know

I think your suitcase is probably from the Seward Trunk and Bag company of Petersburg, VA.  They were in business for many years and eventually sold out to another company which is still in business making newer style footlockers and shipping containers. They started making suitcases in the early 1900's and made many styles of bags and suitcases for the next 50 to 60 years. So unfortunately without some pictures I really can't tell you more. Even with pictures it can be very hard to narrow down the age of the suitcases because they made them with many different types of materials and coverings for so long, including canvas, leather, fiber, imitation leather, etc. If you want to send pictures to me at I can see if there's any information I can provide.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.