Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Chinese Dresser

Bought this about a week ago; found some similar online but don't know how old this one is, etc.

It's 29" x 30" x 16." The top appears to be a fine leather covering of sorts: it's fairly clean but  a bit worn. All the drawers had liners. I peeled off 3. Will send additional photos to you directly.

Would be grateful if you can take a look at the photos and let me know:

Date made?

Correct name/category?

Thanks very much and Happy New Year.

dovetail handcut
dovetail handcut  

dovetail handcut
dovetail handcut  
beautiful piece.

machine made dovetails, drawer fronts furniture plywood/laminate as to be expected.

many American companies made this type of furniture.  they would have 100+ folks working in the factories just doing the hand painting.  from what I can see the drawer construction and materials used in the drawer front and sides is well made and could date from the 1920s to the 1970s.  could you send me a photo of the underneath and back, it might help.

after seeing the back photo I would place this at 1900-1910. In a retail setting it would sell for about 450

sorry to say that I only know the above about this style.  

am attaching two pictures showing what old hand cut dovetails look like.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971