Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Chinese Dresser

Question
Dresser
Dresser  

Dresser
Dresser  
Bought this about a week ago; found some similar online but don't know how old this one is, etc.

It's 29" x 30" x 16." The top appears to be a fine leather covering of sorts: it's fairly clean but  a bit worn. All the drawers had liners. I peeled off 3. Will send additional photos to you directly.

Would be grateful if you can take a look at the photos and let me know:

Date made?

China?

Correct name/category?

Value?

Thanks very much and Happy New Year.

Carole

Answer
dovetail handcut
dovetail handcut  

dovetail handcut
dovetail handcut  
beautiful piece.

machine made dovetails, drawer fronts furniture plywood/laminate as to be expected.

many American companies made this type of furniture.  they would have 100+ folks working in the factories just doing the hand painting.  from what I can see the drawer construction and materials used in the drawer front and sides is well made and could date from the 1920s to the 1970s.  could you send me a photo of the underneath and back, it might help.

after seeing the back photo I would place this at 1900-1910. In a retail setting it would sell for about 450

sorry to say that I only know the above about this style.  

am attaching two pictures showing what old hand cut dovetails look like.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein