Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Est. value of French provincial bedroom furniture

Hello,  I am seeking information about the bedroom dresser, chest, and headboard/ bed frame that belonged to my parents.  I have not found any marks.  I do know that the pieces are at least 65 or more years old and I think that the finish is the original.  I need to decide whether to sell or donate.  Thank you in advance.

This was veary popular in the 1950s, so the age that you guess is accurate.

From experience I would say this is cherry wood.  Better than the painted sets which most were.

In a retail setting the two pieces shown would sell at 400-450 for the dresser and same for the dresser if there is a mirror.

cant say on the rest without seeing.  you can use the followup function and post pictures of the other pieces.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971