Collectibles-General (Antiques)/hooded cradle with painted scenes

Question
hooded cradle
hooded cradle  
Hello Mr. Klein,
I would very much like to know anything about my old hooded cradle. I believe it has the original paint, which is a brown. The pin striping and scrolling, along with the 3 painted landscapes also appear to be original. The paint in the landscape has very tiny crackling throughout. The nails look to me to be handmade. I forgot to measure it, but will do so if you request. It's a child sized cradle, not a dolls' cradle. But is very narrow. It is fairly lightweight.
I mostly would like to know the age. The decorations seem to me to be reminiscent of those on a 19th century stagecoach. I wondered if that dated it to a certain period. Would this possibly date to pre-1860?
Thank you for your expertise!
I'll send you more images by email.

Answer
Answering by email.

forgot to say in the email that the nails are as they should be and the wood does look to be thinner, maybe half inch to five eights inch thick on sides and top??

can you tell my any history of how you came to have this?

The painting is called Pennslyvannia Dutch tole painting.

awaiting the pictures of the bottom

thanks  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein