Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Illinois Cabinet Secretary

Question
ILLINOIS CABINET
ILLINOIS CABINET  

DESK AREA
DESK AREA  
I inherited this Secretary desk, it has a label in the drawer that says Illinois Cabinet Rockport, ILLINOIS.   It has a china type cabinet on top with 2 side drawers and a drop desk, inside are cubbies and 3 drawers, underneath a full width drawer.  On ornate legs.  Was wondering for insurance purposes what this item is worth, when it was made and if it is called a secretary or not.

Answer
This is from the 1920s in the Jacobean style.  wood appears to be mahogany, walnut and sweet gum.

I have not seen one of thee before but if in a shop it would sell at 800=900.
for insurance replacement value I would say 2200-2600.  remember, when doing insurance replacement values they are at least double retail.

hope this helps

upper would have been books or china.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein