Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Leather top desk

Leather top desk
Leather top desk  
Hi, I am wondering if you could tell me what time period this desk is from. It does not have manufactures label. The only thing we have found is a number  5277 stamped on underside of desk. I do not know if partner desk,secretary, writing desk ect.

Your help is appreciated ..
Thank you

1940s desk.  

partners desks had working drawers on front and back sides.  this is a home desk or writing desk, both names apply.  These were usually done in mahogany veneers but the finish is so dark it obscures the grain of the wood.

the wood species I cannot see but if you use Briwax in the antique mahogany color you will like the outcome.  wax the leather as well.

hope this is what you needed  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971