Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old mirror frame

Front mirror
Front mirror  

Back mirror wood
Back mirror wood  
I purchased this mirror of kijiji for 50 canadian dollars. I thought she was beautiful. I love antiques and although im sceptical on age this one intrigues me. The mirror and back have been replaced so i know that sets it back on value. But for 50 bucks who cares :) i was wondering if you could help date it and approx value although shes staying on my wall thank you for your time. Also i would like to add that the food is very light and has sponge like holes in some spots

It is fairly new and is probably made of a resin polymer.  But that doesnt matter as it looks good.  you would have to pay 200+ to buy it new.  price these at a glass company and see their prices.

I see these at auctions often but not in as nice a form as yours.

hope this helps.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971