Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old rocking chair

Question
rocker 1
rocker 1  

rocker 2
rocker 2  
Hi Robert,
Please find the attached photos of a rocker that has been in my family for  at least 80 years.  I wish to find out the manufacturer and approximate age / value of this piece. I have not found any identifying marks on it anywhere. My mother had it refinished some years ago :O
Thank you for your time and consideration!
Best regards, Nick

Answer
Because there were about 5000 manufacturers operating at this time, without a label there is no way anyone can tell you who manufactured this rocker.

it is oak, it is a good one, the refinishing looks good and is good if the rocker is tight an smooth that is a good thing.

the seat and back are laminated in a caul to get the shape.

Figure about 1900 and at retail in a store it should price at 450 minimum.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein