Collectibles-General (Antiques)/vintage gumball machine

gumball machine
gumball machine  
I recently acquired a vintage gumball machine. I have tried to locate one similar online but with no success. I'm curious if you can provide any information on the machine. It is in working condition. Thank you.

Hi Phil,
 2 companies marketed this machine. It was made about 1947. If the red top is glass it is a Silver King hot nut. If the red top is plastic it is a Regal hot nut.
 You should be able to find recent sales on Ebay. They usually sell for 125-200.00.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Tom Novitski

I am able to answer questions on old coin operated machines. These include vending machines such as gumball or peanut or other machines such as trade stimulators that did not dispense a product but were positioned on a store's counter to bring in customers or stimulate trade. I specialize in machines by Pulver, Zeno, and Mansfield and also any old cast iron or wood machines.

I have been collecting these type of machines for about 10 years and have traveled the country to antique shows and auctions.

Coin operated collectors association

I have learned about many of these machines from traveling to view the collections of others.