Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Chair?

Question
Lammert Chair
Lammert Chair  
Hi Bob,

Found these chairs last week. Noticed Lammbert's furniture metal label on each. Did some research and found several Lammert's pieces online. Not too many chairs, but did come across advertising chair that was appraised on the Antique Road Show.

See: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/season/18/kansas-city-mo/appraisals/advertising

These chairs are pretty worn, but the design is very interesting. Couldn't find any exactly like them on line made by any furniture company.

Would like to know the usual:

1. when made

2. chair style name and use

3. type of wood (the woven back looks like rattan)

4. value, if any....

5. clean-up or keep as is?

Thanks very much, in advance.

Best regards,

Carole

Answer
1930 maple chairs with splint woven backs.  splints are probably hickory or oak.

after cleaning and waxing, hoping to smooth out the saddle seat so the color is more even and protected these would sell at 75-125 each depending on how they come out.

thanks for your patience!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein