Collectibles-General (Antiques)/bakers table

baker table front view
baker table front view  
I am considering buying bakers table, it's for $230 and I offered $175 I would like to know any information on value in this condition. also any info about it. if you I'd really appreciate to hear accurate knoledge about this piece I'm considering on buying. thanks a bunch!

that is a good price for the base.  It originally had an upper section.  buy it at 175.
these are the more desirable forms of the hoosier style cabinets bases.
bottom bins were called potato bins but were used for whatever.
with the proper upper section it would sell at 900$

I have just confirmed in and old catalog that these were sold without the top section.  It was pictured in a 1905 catalog supplement from S A Cook company in NY.  this is not to say that yours was made by that company but that one similar, very similar is pictured.  You have an item, if no top was ever with it valued at 500$.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971