Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Childs Chair info

Childs chair
Childs chair  

Childs chair
Childs chair  
Purchased this chair a few years back.  I saw a picture of one that was on AllExperts that had your name on it.  Looks like it was originally a rocking chair. The bottom rockers are gone if it was.  Looking to find some information about it if possible.

it may have had rockers, i would have to see it to tell you that.  made around 1880 as a childs chair, or rocker.

condition is super.

dont really know what you want here as the question was a bit vague.

retail, with or without rockers would be around 200.

check the bottoms of the legs to see if there is any indication there were rockers or that the stops were cut off.

the machinery that made the curved back and seats were quite intricate.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971