Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Cobbler's Table

Full View
Full View  

Full View
Full View  
When I was leaving the store with the table in the photos; a woman stopped to look at it and said it was an old cobbler's table. Found several similar online (different shapes and designs) but assume now that she was right.

It reminds me a little bit of George Nakashima's style, know it's not one of his.....but it does have a certain charm and personality.  Measurements 33" L and 10" at widest part. 20 lbs. in weight

Would like to know

1. when made

2. is it actually a cobbler's table or made for something other use

3. type of wood slab

4. value, if any....

5. okay as is?

Thanks very much, in advance.

Best regards,

we wil talk about this by email but for now.  this had wood legs originally not the metal.

will have to look at your other photos closely to see if this was indeed a cobblers bench or was a coffee table made to look line one as that was very common from several companies in the 20s and 30s.

The piece of wood alone is worth 100$

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971